- Early Anglo Saxon Hampshire
- Hamwic, Hampshire’s Anglo Saxon Port
- Saxon Corhampton Church
- Malaria in Anglo Saxon Hampshire
- Anglo Saxon Breamore
- Cenwalh Anglo Saxon King
- Anglo Saxon Women – Frithburga
- King Alfred’s Will
- King Alfred the Great, May He Finally Rest?
- King Alfred and The Vikings
- Old Minster Winchester
- Danes Attack Wessex Towns AD 1001
- King Sigebert – The Usurper
- Vikings Move Against Wessex
- Anglo Saxon Rood Breamore
Looking at the Anglo Saxon arch in Breamore Church, which leads into the South porticus, is a moving and humbling experience. The simplicity of the text still seeming as strong and powerful as the day it was inscribed nearly a thousand years ago.
‘HER SWUTELATH SEO GECWYDRAEDNES THE’
‘Here Is Manifested the Word to Thee’
Whether the inscription carried on over other arches in the crossing is open to speculation, if so, then the meaning could alter but the continuing presence of such a beautiful ancient thing, tucked away in a small village church in Hampshire is brilliant…….