St Mary’s Church Abbotts Ann

St Mary's Church Abbotts Ann
St Mary’s Church

 

St Mary’s church Abbotts Ann is an C18th structure which replaced an earlier church. The re-build was paid for by Thomas Pitt who purchased the estate of Abbotts Ann in 1710.

The church is well known for it’s custom, which dates back to Medieval times of giving virgin crowns, along with gauntlets which are suspended from the ceiling on either side of the nave.

Send to Kindle