Can we help you with your Hampshire history project (or any other project come to that)?
Do you have a local, social or family history project that we can help you with? Our businesses are based in Hampshire, close to the historic cathedral city of Winchester. We have been working in IT for many years and have used our own knowledge and tools to drive our own local history and digital humanities projects. We keen to help others to make connections in their own projects, by using a similar approach. It doesn’t just have to be to do with Hampshire history, we have worked across a wide range of projects BUT you have just clicked on the Hampshire History site so we are guessing that this is what you are interested in.
Try the different services we offer, all based on our own wide experience of what works and what doesn’t
- Photographic services related to Hampshire History. Name a place or subject and we will do the legwork for you, providing you with images that you can watermark as your own.
- Research based on topic or family, as little or as much as you want
- Finding relevant source material to help your project
- IT help guides. We are testing new free tools all the time and looking for new applications (most of them free) to enhance our own project work. These guides are worth their weight in gold and have involved hundreds of testing hours. From the little to the large project make the most of our toolkits
- Book and map sourcing, tell us your topic and on our travels we will look out for second hand and out of print books and for a nominal fee, pass them onto you
Some of the things we have done either voluntarily or paid!
- Built Intriguing History, a free resource for curating, collating and connecting to your history project
- Rebuilt the Hampshire Genealogical website (ongoing project)
- Researched and written long and short local and family history projects
- Optimized and researched and written content for business and hobbiest websites
- Built company websites (complete and ongoing please ask for details)
Give us a try, you might be surprised we offer some different approaches
- We come from a different backgrounds of IT, science research and education, as well as having a mighty interest in history and other humanities (hence why we seek to apply science and IT methodology to our projets)
- We believe in open access to data and champion this where we can
- We deliver excellent value for money
- We believe that excellent service is achieved through honesty, good manners and sheer hard work
Ask us about anything you think we might be able to help you with, by using the contact box at the top of the page, we promise to get back to you as soon as possible.